Creative leaders encourage creativity. They understand just what is required to provide a climate for creativity to flow.
Characteristics of Creative Leaders
Such leaders exhibit many of the following characteristics:
- An awareness of their employees strengths, skill-sets, needs and expectations.
- An ability to inspire confidence in others. They praise, mentor and support without controlling or micro managing.
(Photo Credit: Prawny)
- An ability and enthusiasm to step up to and champion the big, creative projects.
- An understanding of how best to promote and recognise their team members.
- A respect for individual and cultural differences.
- Have an understanding of the importance of diverse teams.
- Have strong knowledge in their chosen field of expertise are know as subject matter experts to others and are called upon for advice, help and information.
- Strong communicators
- They have an good understanding of the creative process.
- A trust in their employees to get the job done. Making them responsible and giving them support, encouragement and resources as required.
- A willingness to take calculated risks. Enables subordinates to take risks too.
- Celebrates failure as well as success.
- Build self esteem and confidence in others.