Create your own destiny by following some of the notes that I took from the Own Your Own Future course by Dean Graziosi and Tony Robbins:
A Set Of Action Ideas To Help You Create Your Own Destiny
- You’re responsible for yourself, so take action
- Don’t complain, make things better.
- Picture your end day, what did you want to achieve? 3 things personally, 3 things professionally.
- First, you create habits, and then habits create you.
- When learning use spaced repetition to help enforce what you have learned.
- Read regularly, how can you apply it?
- Schedule your time and your learning
- Instruct, try, and teach what you learn – helps to learn with intention.
- Make things a must instead of a should
- Have a clear vision of where you want to be
- Being normal is boring try and be freaky or creative
- The 3 C’s are Coaching, Consistency and Community
- When taking notes from a course or book split your page into two columns, on the left column take your notes, but on the right-hand side try and think of ways you could apply those notes to your own life, projects, or challenges.
- What and why is more important than how
- Where focus goes energy flows
- Write down a limiting belief and then write a new empowering story to replace it: I’m not comfortable selling my products TO: My products are excellent and I need to tell as many people as possible so that they can get all the great value from them.
- Big journeys begin with a single step.
- Don’t live in the past
- Don’t try and please everyone.
- Where are you now and where do you want to get to? What is your purpose? Your impact? Doing what?
- Do fewer things that take your confidence and more things that build your confidence.
e.g. don’t watch the news, it’s negative
- Self-education is the answer, get great by trial and error
- Human emotion is the most important thing, learn to direct it.
- You will never be ready, so if you say you can’t do this then act upon it immediately. Do the uncomfortable even if you say you can’t
- Focus on where you want to go, not what you’re afraid of
- Everything is about increasing your probabilities
- Get uncomfortable, and put yourself on the line.
- Schedule what you need to do.
- Whatever moves the needle most in your wider niche, then start there
- I’m going to show you how to…
- Here are the seven steps…
- Decide what you want and then make it your reality
- Ignore imposter syndrome, i.e. who wants to listen to me
- 10 years from now you will surely arrive, the question is where
- “Succesful people hang on when everyone else has let go.”
- “The biggest regret people have is not changing what they still have the opportunity to change” – Krista Mashore
- “I will persist until I succeed” – Possibly a quote by Og Mandino – If you persist then you will eventually reach your goal, try and follow someone else who is doing it well.
Some Motivational Advice From Tony Robbins
Pillar 1: Get laser-focused on what you want and when you want it – “Where focus goes, energy flows” Clarity is power. The purpose of what you want is the most important as that’s where the drive is.
Pillar 2: Follow a proven path, tools, map, or coaching
Pillar 3: Eliminate inner conflicts