So at the start of this month, August 2023, I clicked on a FaceBook Ad for a course by Tony Robbins and Dean Graziosi. I’ve already read a couple of books by Tony Robbins and I have a friend who had raved about the Tony Robbins courses.
The ad claimed that you could now do a course worth thousands for free called “Own Your Own Future“.
These are my personal notes that I took from attending that course. Throughout I’m going to try and add my own thoughts on how they could relate to my own projects. The course obviously came with a big up-sell. They wanted you to purchase an additional course for $1000. I’m from Yorkshire and am way too tight to pay that much money for a course! However, they did convince me to purchase a monthly subscription to their other set of courses called Mastermind.com for $1 and they also said that my $1 would go to feeding homeless people in the US.
So the course began with a common quote or phrase about advising you to not row a boat harder in the wrong direction and then went on to get you to think about what you might advise your 20-year-old self.
The whole idea behind the course is that your life skills and knowledge can be a saleable asset. You can build a course that teaches your skills and knowledge to others who aren’t as experienced in your skills and would be willing to pay to learn what you’ve already experienced.
So here goes my scribbled-down notes from what I ultimately think was a very useful course that I highly recommend others to join or subscribe to Dean and Tony’s mastermind course – and I’m not on commission!! 🙂
As this set of notes was approaching 5000 words with more to add I decided to put sections of them into a blog post instead. Please click on the blog posts below for more information.
Social media success tips that I took from a course by Rachel Pederson Focus on one platform at a time. Metrics: #1 Am I showing up and which in my case at the moment is definitely a big NO. I don’t see myself as a social media type person, plus so far in my entrepreneurial […]
Are you looking to become a more effective teacher? Whether you’re a seasoned educator or just starting out, there are always ways to improve your teaching skills. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the strategies, tactics, and social proof you need to become a successful teacher. Your Story The first step to becoming an effective […]
A problem statement can help in identifying the root cause of an issue in the following ways:1. Focuses on the problem: A problem statement helps to define the problem and its impact. It provides a clear understanding of the problem and its scope, which helps to focus on the problem and avoid distractions.2. Prompts questions: […]
A problem statement and a solution statement are two different statements that serve different purposes. Here are the differences between a problem statement and a solution statement: Problem Statement: – A problem statement is a short, clear explanation of an issue or challenge that sums up what you want to change.– It identifies the gap […]
A solution statement is a concise description of how a proposed solution will address a specific problem or challenge. They’re ideal for entrepreneurs who want to define what they are going to do or provide to what group of customers in order to add value to that group. It should be clear, concise, and easy […]
If you are looking for a way to grow your audience, increase your sales, and build your brand, you should consider having a newsletter. A newsletter is a regular email that you send to your subscribers, providing them with valuable content, updates, and offers. Here are some of the benefits of having a newsletter: To […]
Leverage Social Media For Free Maximizing social media is a smart strategy that you and your business can implement to reach new customers, build relationships with existing ones, and promote your brand, and the best part is that it’s free to use! Social Media Recession In times of recession, demand for products and services decreases […]
If you want to sell more of your online course, eBook, software product or in fact anything at all then you need to fall in love with your product and with your customers. Make selling a true win-win by turning your selling into a service. Here are some top tips on how you can make […]
A Feng Shui ExpertCruciate Injury Assistance For DogsRebuilding Relationships after BetrayalGuide to a Good DivorceBroadcast like a badassAnyone can investNikki Sinclair Financial Fitness
Keeping a journal is said to be a powerful tool for your personal growth and development. If you keep a journal it can help you clarify your thoughts, set personal goals, and track progress against such goals. You can also use a journal to reflect on your behaviors and experiences. Some tips and ideas to […]
Thinking About My Goals What three goals would you want to achieve in the next 6 to 12 months? For me, I think that my goals would be to: To make my free mini leagues app number one on Google. To get down to 224 pounds in weight within 6 months To make this website […]
Create your own destiny by following some of the notes that I took from the Own Your Own Future course by Dean Graziosi and Tony Robbins: A Set Of Action Ideas To Help You Create Your Own Destiny You’re responsible for yourself, so take action Don’t complain, make things better. Picture your end day, what […]
First Thoughts Ok, so first I thought I might try and create a list of niche ideas or possible topics that I have knowledge, skills, or interest in that I might be able to create a website, course or product about at some later time. Think About What problem you can solve for others? What […]
When Creating Your Own Course For Others
- Try and enter conversations that are going on in their minds
- Think about conversations that people are already having
- Your ideal client is someone who is where you were when you were embarking on whatever thing it was that you have mastered and are now passionate about and good at.
- Solve problems that you know they have
- Get to the point
- Get to the end result quicker
- You have the map to guide them
- Share a path to their goals
- For example, “Let me tell you what it’s like to be able to invest on your own”
- Love people and help them solve their problems much faster
- What do they want vs. what do they need
- Sell them what they need
- Sell people what they want and deliver to them what they need
- People buy from you when they feel understood. Not when they understand you.
- Let your future clients know that you understand them
- Fall in love with them by saying YES
- *** Create an Irresistible Offer ***
- An irresistible offer is meeting people where they are in the process and delivering them a product or service that gets them the outcome and results they desire.
- What results you can get them is what matters
- Consider the fact that:
- Your customer is worried that they can’t do it or that they will think someone will think of them as crazy for trying.
- It’s the kind of advice that you would love to give to a friend
- So just do it but for 1000 friends
- Build their confidence and help them take action, you have to give your clients the confidence.
- Give them the framework and where to start.
- They need to know where to start.
- What processes and systems did you use?
- Overcome their objections so they can see the path and keep moving forward.
- You don’t need a huge following or be perfect on camera
- Create value at a price that people will find hard to say no to.
- Create what you wished you had when you started out
- Think “God I wish I had that when I started out”
- It’s the art of caring about people, you get to share your bullseye (niche) with them.
- That you are enough and you can do this
- The hardest part is getting started
- Make it real
- If you stay the course and do the work the results will follow
- Confidently launch yourself – your business – your product
- Start the journey today! You can do it!!
- 1) Make it possible
- 2) Make it simple
- 3) Make it yours
- 4) Make it last
- Think about the modules that you would offer in a course for example:
- 1. Building your coaching confidence
- 2. What to create and who to create it for
- 3. Creating a world-class offer
- 4. Getting your first sale
- 5. Getting consistent sales
- 6. Real-world implementation
- Make sure that you have clarity and confidence to boldly move forward.
- Think about using AI to overcome your obstacles or fears. For example, use the following prompt:
- I am afraid to sell my product, how do I get over my fear
- Do it messy
- Do it imperfect
- Do it anyway
- Have passion and purpose
- Be proud of what you have to offer, so for example I might say, would you like to try it, it’s the best booking system in the world.
- “Be in your own spotlight”
- Perfect is overrated
- If you took the uncomfortable action, what would your life look like a year from now?
- The tool you provide is the action step
- You have to get someone to take an action
- When you take an uncomfortable action you move forward
- Action steps can be
- A written tool
- A video
- A list
- Make a decision that carries you forward
- What is it like for someone to start with what you learned but for them not already having that knowledge?
- What do people need to be made aware of? What will help them cross that bridge to use an analogy?
- What’s it like at rock bottom? What does it look like to begin from zero?
- Put together a photo or a video to use as your conversation starter and the start of your content plan.
- Think about all of the things that you struggled with when you started out.
- Mix and match the type of content that you post.
What Are The Components Of Your Course
Think of three major buckets. Dean gave an example of his selling cars course:
Bucket 1: How to find cars
Bucket 2: How to make the cars better
Bucket 3: How to sell the cars
Work backward with the end in mind. Think of the headlines and the topics.
You need a course name that grabs attention.
What Is Your Ideal Client?
Live inside the mind of your ideal client…
- What is their age range?
- Geographic area?
- Income range?
- Current financial situations?
- Relationship status?
- Family status?
- What 3 things keep your ideal client up at night?
- What is a compelling future/vision or goal of theirs?
- What do you need to teach them so that they get results?
- Where do they hang out? Live in those groups & pay attention
- What are they afraid of?
- Their dreams?
- Their name?
Marketing is leaning into and teaching the exact person how to get from where they are now to where they want to go.
What is your ideal outcome for your client after working with you for a year?
Someone needs you right now, but who is it?
Use AI To Help You
“I want to create a coaching program that will teach yoga, breathwork, and meditation. I’ve been doing yoga for 10 years after being a bit of a partygoer when I was younger. Stepping out of that lifestyle into a Yoga lifestyle saved my life.
I want to help others change their life too. If I were to break this down into a 3-week coaching program, what would that look like?
Ask an AI bot for three products or tools that I could potentially share with my students to help them make what I have learned a reality. Do it for your chosen niche or passion.
List Things That You Did That Made Your Life Better (At Least 5)
- Learning to invest and trade from candle charts
- Playing squash/racketball
- Relocating to Canada and getting Canadian Citizenship, before moving back to the UK
- Learning about Keto, low-carb diets, and more recently carnivore diets
- Getting married to my beautiful wife
Tell Your Story
A story is a scene in your life that is going to set up what you are about to teach. So, using my Extreme Angler website as an example, a project that I started and never really finished… I could tell the story of my friend Nik and how he became a passionate fisherman, from fishing pike as a kid through to fishing big game fish for England, worldwide.
What is the story that initiates your goal?
The teaching is what you learned from that experience – that story.
To Create a Book
- Write down your chapters – what do you love to talk about in no particular order
- What did you learn from your experiences? – they are your teaching points.
My Ideas For Books
- My life and the sometimes quite comical events that I have experienced
- Market trading
- Homemade waltzer
- Saturday job as a train driver
- The tambourine bar job
- Fishing for cod and haddock off Whitby
- Gambling and gambling bot creation
(Note, I think I actually took these notes from a YouTube video about Justin Welsh)
Thing of an inverted triangle (wide part of the triangle at the top, point at the bottom)…
- At the top of the funnel you have Discovery this is social media e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn
- In the middle of the funnel, you gain your Trust, Authority, and Expertise via a long-form newsletter
- At the bottom of the funnel is your Offer. Buy from me
Use the success sprint technique:
- Plan your tasks. How many sprints will you need?
- Do one success sprint. Set the timer for 30 minutes and then take a break for 15 minutes
- Repeat x4 success sprints, then take a longer break, say 30 minutes
Be laser-focused on that one task for 30 minutes
Then in the breaks, show THRIVE…
T – Thanks, show gratitude
H – Happy – make yourself laugh out loud
R – Resourceful – You have everything that you need to be successful
I – Immediate – take immediate action
V – Visualize – See it as if you already have it because you do
E – Expect – be enthusiastic about it, tell yourself that you already have the energy.
Use I can, I am, I will, I must -> Not I can’t
Use the seven-levels deep method, which I believe is basically a version of the Lean/Six Sigma 7 Whys. Your why needs to be deep enough to not let anyone down.